Skip to content

hedwig wedding rings

our wedding rings

our wedding rings

« click thumbnail to enlarge picture »

our wedding rings are modeled after the artwork used in the play "hedwig and the angry inch."   they symbolize two lost halves reuniting to become one again.

they were crafted for us by alfred albrizio of c’est magnifique, a custom jewelry shop at 120 macdougal street in new york city. alfred’s phone number is 212.475.1613. we have nothing but lavish praise for the quality and craftsmanship that goes into his work. anyone who has seen the rings in person will attest to that.

thanks to george ennis for letting us know about him!

15 Comments

1. Kim

those rings are amazing and so romantic ^_^

Posted on 24-Oct-06 at 2:05 am | Permalink
  2. i’m kind of partial to them myself ; ) i appreciate you stopping by, and thanks for your kind comment.

Posted on 24-Oct-06 at 10:30 am | Permalink
  3. Billy

U r soooooo gay and sexy! I love gay people! I’m gay myself! Maybe we can have 3- some!

Posted on 26-Oct-06 at 8:31 am | Permalink
  4. alison

i LOVE THESE rings!!!! May i ask, how much was it for the pair of them????

Posted on 10-Feb-07 at 1:51 pm | Permalink
  5. Thanks for stopping by! i think that we paid about $250, but it could have been a bit more. i remember thinking that it was a remarkably good price for two rings custom-designed from scratch.

Posted on 11-Feb-07 at 7:02 am | Permalink
  6. Those rings are fabulous!! I love reading the stories about you and your husband. πŸ™‚

I also wanted to let you know that I am a cast member of the Midnight Checkout Queens, NYC’s only Hedwig shadowcast (I play Yitzhak). We’ve got 2 shows coming up in April 13th & 14th at midnight at the IFC Center in Manhattan (West 4th St & 6th Ave). Come and see us if you get a chance. The website for the Midnight Checkout Queens is:

~Jenn

Posted on 24-Feb-07 at 5:29 pm | Permalink
  7. hi jenn,

thanks for stopping by. kirk and i have marked the calendar and we’ll see you there!

Posted on 26-Feb-07 at 2:40 pm | Permalink
  8. tympani smith

whoweeee them are some cool ass rings

Posted on 06-Apr-07 at 5:03 pm | Permalink
  9. wow were these rings handmade?

Posted on 08-Aug-08 at 6:01 am | Permalink
  10. they were indeed handmade. alfred albrizio is a frigging genius.

Posted on 13-Aug-08 at 6:32 am | Permalink
  11. jeremy

Those are fantastic rings! My fiance & I have Hedwig tattoos. Well done. πŸ˜€

Posted on 20-Mar-09 at 2:24 pm | Permalink
  12. matching wedding rings. but i wonder how they look when they are separated.

Posted on 11-Jan-10 at 9:24 pm | Permalink
  13. I really like that ring idea. It looks like a nice strong sturdy ring. I haven’t see that play but am interested in the symbolims.

Posted on 15-Apr-11 at 2:21 pm | Permalink
  14. I want to give the rings to my girlfriend as a gift.

How much it will cost?

Posted on 02-Jun-17 at 7:14 am | Permalink
  15. Hi Gene,

Thanks for stopping by. We had the rings custom made by a jeweler in NYC who has since gone out of business after the owner passed away. If you want similar rings you’ll have to get a quote from a jeweler. We paid a few hundred dollars for ours, back in 2000. They aren’t made of precious metal. Not sure how much you will spend, but happy hunting! Hope your rings bring you as much joy as ours did to us.

Posted on 02-Jun-17 at 7:41 am | Permalink

4 Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. […] a week after thanksgiving, kirk dressed as hedwig for our friend george ennis’s fiftieth birthday, at the red lion pub in the village. george was the sound guy for hedwig, and has had quite an interesting life. he referred us to the jeweler who made our hedwig wedding rings, so we have a special place in our hearts for him. he sang with his band, which was a real treat. he kicks ass, vocally. […]

2. […] since 9.1.98 Skip to content Homeall my special rightskirk + jamie’s weddingfirst anniversaryhedwig wedding ringswedding invitewedding picturesmac widgetmy hubby kirkhedwig @ weddinghedwig eventshedwig reviewskirk […]

3. Kramer auto Pingback[…] of Plato” so I can read the Symposium in the near future.  I just found online a photo of these rings a gay couple had made modeled on Hedwig’s tattoo – they’re fantastic, and I’m so jealous (but not […]

4. Your page is now on StumbleUpon! on 17-Dec-08 at 2:30 pm